The next course begins October 22, 2020. The early registration discount is available until October 8. Register here. Sign up to receive notification of future course offerings here.
“Tell someone to do something, and you change their life–for a day; tell someone a story and you change their life.” NT Wright
“If you want to change a person’s obedience, you must change their imagination.” Paul Ricoeur
Stories have power to change destinies. They invite people seeking spiritual answers to look at life and spiritual matters in disruptive ways. To become true followers of Jesus, seeking people must imagine a new identity for themselves and their community. Effective stories are the first key to using media for disciple-making strategies. They serve as a “hook” to begin a conversation and a journey with others toward a new life in Christ. Field workers and content creators must integrate the media stories they find or create with ministry strategies.
Strategic Storytelling for Movements is a five-week, mentored online course that will accelerate your media strategy through the power of story and focus your stories on effective strategy.
Who is This Course For?
- Mission practitioners, especially among unreached peoples, who want to find or create media content to support their kingdom-multiplication strategies.
- Content creators who want to partner with others to make more fruitful content available to the field.
- Leaders seeking to be more effective in using story to support church planting and disciple-making movements.
What You’ll Get From This Course
- Join the groundswell of strategy-directed storytelling that catalyzes movements of reproducing disciples among the unreached.
- A heart for storytelling and its strategic application in disciple-making movements.
- An understanding of what makes stories strategic (or not).
- A firm grasp on the characteristics of stories that serve a Media-To-Movements Strategy
- Templates for finding existing stories or creating your own.
- Inspiration from storytelling that has impacted some of the world’s most difficult-to-reach people.
- Connections with expert instructors and like-minded peers around the world.
- A strategic storytelling plan to apply to your ministry immediately.
- Skills to train others in strategic storytelling.
- Be prayed for each week by a dedicated prayer partner.
- Qualifying students are eligible for a one-third (33%) tuition discount in a Masters or PhD program at Biola University’s Cook School of Intercultural Studies.
- Instructors: Tom Khazoyan, Adam Johnson
Visual Story Network is a global community that accelerates the mission of the Church by equipping the generation that will use media, story and innovation to make disciples of all nations.